Here at Tymberwood Academy we are committed to ensuring equality of provision throughout the school community. To achieve this, our equality objectives are as follows:
To allow equal access to information for all stakeholders
- Monitor and analyse pupil achievement by race, gender and disability and act on any trends or patterns in the data that require additional support for pupils.
- Diminish the difference between disadvantage and non disadvantaged pupils in year 3,4 and 5
- To promote cultural development and understanding through a rich range of experience, both in and beyond the school
- Raise attainment for more able disadvantaged pupils
- Ensure all pupils are given the opportunity to make a positive contribution to the life of the school e.g. through involvement in the School Council by election or co-option), class assemblies, fund raising etc.
- Identify, respond and report racist incidents as outlined in the Plan. Report the figures to the Governing body / Local Authority on a termly basis.
- To increase attendance of GRT pupils across the school.
You can download our equality policy and accessibility plan below.